Monday, November 9, 2009

JUNIOR HIGH SUNDAY SCHOOL

Yesterday we talked about the big dare - GOD'S LOVE. Our key verse was John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
We talked about understanding Jesus' dare to believe, to consider what and who were are being dared to believe in and to write a personal statement of belief.
These are the questions we asked and some thoughts shared by the students (anonymously)

1. What do I believe about God?
- I believe that God is the giver of life and is our Creator. He has made everything
- He is the one who made the world from scratch
- I believe that God loved the world and sent His one and only son that whoever believes in him may not be lost but have everlasting life. I believe he will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- He is real. He created the world and us. He cares for us
- everything he creates does and destroys helps guide our lives and forgives us even though we sin
- I believe that God is real, and is everywhere and that he can answer all your prayers
- I've read about him in the Bible and I just know he's there
- God is good. God is real

2. What do I believe about the Holy Spirit?
- It is the redeemer and has given our soul purpose and meaning. Without it we are soulless
- It will protect me from evil and darkness
- I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- It is part of God and will stay with us
- I believe that the Holy Spirit is God and Jesus is one
- same as God
- Holy Spirit is holy and a spirit

3. What do I believe about the Church?
- church is where we meet with God and learn... where others meet and communicate as one...
- it is a place of peace and happiness. A place to praise God
- I believe that the church has a Christian Faith
- take time off and pray to God
- church is where people show their Christian belief
- they teach me about the Bible and about God and Jesus
- Church is a place of God

4. What do I believe about how a Christ follower should live?
- a Christ follower should believe in God but not challenge Him in any way. Accept his gift and not ask for anything
- try not to sin and praise God
- I believe that a Christ follower should live according to how God wants us to live
- listen to God's word from the Bible
- they should live without sin and pray...
- they should be caring, friendly, Jesus like...
- we should live a good life

Blog Archive