Monday, March 29, 2010

BAPTISM SERVICE



Yesterday we had a the privilege of seeing one of our Junior high Sunday school teachers and youth leaders (Sarina Masih) get baptized.
SARINA'S TESTIMONY
Raised in a Christian family, I was taught at a young age that Jesus was Christ. Going to AWANA as a 'Sparkie' all of my childhood, and then youth group when I graduated out of AWANA, the church was a big influence in my life. Still, being so young, I didn’t really realize what a relationship with Christ was. Then I started going to a Christian summer camp.
Even now, I can still remember the exact day I accepted Christ into my life: I was thirteen, in front of a burning fire, at Mill Stream Bible camp. I accepted Him on July 26th, 2004. As I grew up, I continued to go to youth group and took on leadership roles in the church such as being an AWANA leader and volunteering in the nursery. Through all of this, I had never really considered baptism. I think I was just waiting for God to tell me when the time was right.
While coming to Cornerstone, I continued to grow in my faith with the help of the youth program here. While growing, I viewed a couple baptisms at the church and wondered why I hadn't done it. God was pushing me in the direction of being baptized though. It's the step of obedience I still hadn't done. “Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life” (Romans 6:3-4). By not getting baptized, I wasn't following Christ. So I decided to take that final step.
Even though there have been bumps in the past, and there might be bumps in the future, I hope to continue to live with Christ in my life, because as Charles Spurgeon said, "Without Christ there is no hope."

Blog Archive