Monday, April 11, 2011

JUNIOR HIGH SUNDAY SCHOOL

THE THIN GREEN LINE (3): Save

Putting money aside gives you more options. The reality is that it is hard to save.

Why is it worth saving money?

God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore. Solomon’s wisdom was greater than the wisdom of all the men of the East, and greater than all the wisdom of Egypt (1 Kings 4:29-30 NIV).

He who gathers money little by little makes it grow (Proverbs 13:11 NIV).

The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty (Proverbs 21:5 NIV).

The wise have wealth and luxury, but fools spend whatever they get (Proverbs 21:20 NLT).

A man is a slave to whatever has mastered him (2 Peter 2:19 NIV).

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me” (1 Corinthians 13:11 NIV).

Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need (2 Corinthians 8:14 NLT).

If someone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need but shows no compassion—how can God’s love be in that person? (1 John 3:17 NLT).:

Saving helps you gain control

Over your money. Over your wants. Over yourself.

The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. He thought to himself, “What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.” Then he said, “This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I’ll say to myself, ‘You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.’”

But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?” This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God” (Luke 12:16-21 NIV).

Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf (Proverbs 11:28 NIV).

Saving helps you control your money rather than it controlling you.

Saving today opens up options tomorrow.


Blog Archive