Saturday, April 26, 2008

A NOTE TO STARKIDS LEADERS

Attitude - What's really inside?

If you bump a glass of Pepsi, what spills out? (Pepsi, of course!)

What attitude spills out when you get bumped?

Whatever is inside of us is going to spill out and spread onto others every time we're a bit jostled... attitudes are transferable (Read Proverbs 13:20 and 1 Corinthians 15:33).

What Are We Reflecting?

a) Am I hassling others with my hurried life?
- death from overwork (Read Psalm 46:10)
b) Have I reflected defeat with a hopeless life?
- When we deliberately live each day in the recognition of God's presence... we can hardly reflect defeat (Read Jeremiah 29:11)
c) Have I added to the work with a heavy life?
- this person is overwhelmed with the sheer amount of the work (Read Matthew 11:28)
d) Do I spark overreactions with my own overheated life?
- am I ready to snap...little things are really big things to us (Read Philippians 4:6-7)
e) Am I draining others' energies because of my hollow life?
- are you running on empty? (Read Isaiah 40:31)

When we spread attitude, when we reflect attitude, our attempts to do it right will be severely tested. How will we respond?

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus - Philippians 2:5

* taken from: Craig Jutila, "Leadership Essentials For Children's Ministry" Group Publishing Inc. Loveland, CO. 2002.

Blog Archive