Sunday, January 3, 2010

JUNIOR HIGH SUNDAY SCHOOL

GOD'S VIEW VS. THE WORLD'S VIEW

The World's View: You're not good enough. You don't have enough. You don't have what it takes to succeed. You don't look right. You need... (fill in the blanks)

God's View: You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

Dialogue:
1. What do you think the world (or our culture) thinks of you?
2. What do you think God thinks of you?

How does this apply:
1. What do you think the world wants you to be?
2. Can you admit that God created you to be a masterpiece?
3. What are some ways that you can learn to love who God created you to be and to take some pressure off yourself to live up to the world's standards?

Take home challenge:
Make a collage of words, pictures (you can draw or use magazines) that represent how God thinks of you from Psalm 139 and put it someplace where it can remind you how God sees you and what you are intended for.

* Taken from Active Bible Studies

Blog Archive